Dump trucking is commonly performed at mines, oilfields, and construction sites. Driving a dump truck itself is dangerous, and when it involves places like quarries and oil fields, the occupational hazards make this even more challenging for the driver.
Dump truck accidents occur on a daily basis, although the majority of them go unreported. Proper care must always be taken when driving a dump truck. If you are thinking of buying these indispensable goods carriers, and are looking for Kenworth trucks for sale, here are a few safety tips for successful transportation when driving dump trucks.
Kenworth Dump Truck Safety Tips
- To ensure proper disposal, it is crucial to dump on a flat surface. There are drivers who dump on uneven grounds and don’t care about it, but that isn’t how it should be. The truck can tip over while dumping the load on an uneven
- Stick to weight limits. Never overload the truck under any circumstance. Overloading results in tipping accidents, injuring the driver and also others around.
- Check the components of your trucks before starting out. This includes the tire pressure, brakes, and lights. Problems with any of these components can result in tipping accidents. To purchase used Kenworth trucks for sale, it is important to adhere to the same procedure.
- Look before you unload it. Never ever unload the truck next to another vehicle. It can quickly become a dangerous situation.
- When unloading the dump truck, ask everyone around to move away. There are high chances of the dump falling over someone and causing injury.
- When backing, keep your speed as low as possible. Many accidents occur when drivers aren’t careful in backing their trucks.To prevent this, it is advisable to avoid reversing at a speed faster than walking pace. Have someone else guide you when backing the truck. If you come across Kenworth trucks for sale, ensure it is properly inspected with no pending cases against it.
- Exercise caution when driving through traffic. Never forget that you are driving a heavy vehicle and not any ordinary truck, and even a moment’s distraction can prove dangerous. You must keep a distance from other vehicles when driving in traffic.
- Always be careful not to let overhead wires make contact with the truck or its contents. Not being cautious about this can result in electrocution.
- There are occupational hazards in places like quarries, oil fields, and construction sites, so make sure you wear all your safety gear. This includes gloves, glasses, and proper shoes.
Looking for Kenworth dump trucks for sale? Call us to know how we can help you in choosing the best for you!